Friday, January 25, 2008

Jumping on the wagon

P1010001.jpg

I cast on last night, and have been enjoying the mostly mindless knitting. The yarn is two different colors of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport. I've had a single skein of this (color Buck's Bar) hanging out in my stash forever. I've tried to knit it up at least 4 or 5 times, and I've not been able to find something that worked with it - too much pooling, it looked too girly, too pink - whatever. It just wasn't me. Most recently, I had tried starting a feather and fan scarf with it, which helped, but there was just too much rainbow-like pooling. So I succumbed to the inevitable, ordered a skein of Black Purl, and have been going with it. Much better. It's rather purple, and a little moody, but I like the colors much better this way. The Chevron Scarf (Last Minute Knitted Gifts, everyone has knit one already) is actually a pretty fun way to play with colors. I can understand why people have knit at least one, although the pattern is not the most exciting knitting out there. It's good for TV and for commuting.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Glad you're back.

Bells said...

Well there you go. You've explained something I have tried to understand. The chevron scarf. Everyone seems to make one and I always go, 'yawn' when I see one but you've explained it in a way that might just make me change my mind! Thanks Terby!

Jessica said...

I may be one of the few on earth that hasn't done this pattern yet, but I like how yours is going so far!