Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I got tagged.

Cindy of Tea and Yarn tagged me. Hi Cindy! I'm not very interesting, but here it is...

1.) What was I doing ten years ago?
Ten years ago I was working in a biotech company, enjoying life as a twenty-something slacker in Silicon Valley. I was on a brief hiatus between grad school and grad school, worked as a temp, found a permanent job, was laid off, and temped again. I haven't had a real job since. Hah!

2) What are five (non-work) things on my to-do list for today:
- pick up my son from school
- do laundry
- run (done. Day 1, week 3 of the couch to 5k, thank you very much!)
- read something for fun
- work on finishing up some of my all but finished knit things so I have something to blog

3) Snacks I enjoy:
- chocolate
- popcorn
- tortilla chips and salsa

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
- Not worry about finding funding for my own research again, and set up some of my friends, too
- fix my roof, bathrooms, and kitchen
- travel
- get help (cooking, cleaning etc) for myself and my extended family

5) Places I have lived:
California, Iowa, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Texas, West Virginia, Wisconsin, South Carolina

6) Jobs I have had:
Lab drone/dishwasher/pigeon wrangler
Quality Control technician
grad student
post doc

7) Peeps I want to know more about:

Perknitious
Llyr's Daughter
Dr. Girlfriend
Acornbud

Anyone else want it? Consider yourself tagged, just leave me a comment so I can come read, please!

2 comments:

Acornbud said...

Haven't had a real job since? You are a brave one! You sound plenty busy;)

Allison said...

Ooh, I will definitely do it :) Thanks for the tag!