Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Blog Block

I've been having a hard time figuring out what to say lately. As usual, I've been juggling a lot of projects. On Ravelry, I formally claim 9 of them. There are well over a dozen, however, and although my dabbling keeps me from being bored, it doesn't make for exciting blogging. Over the last 2 days, I've finished 2 socks.

Primavera
Primavera. Simple pattern, nice effect. I still count Trekking as one of my favorite yarns. I like the way the colors blend into each other, the yarn is durable, and makes a sock that's just the right weight.

Undulating Rib
For the knitting-tolerant husband, the Undulating Rib sock from Favorite Socks. This is some Schoeller+Stahl Fortissima Colori Socka Color yarn I've had in stash since the first year I started knitting. It's also a striping yarn, similar to Trekking, but much less even in yarn thickness. I don't know that I loved working with it, but I'm quite pleased with the sock.

Crime Fighting Sock
And this is my labor of love. I hate this yarn. It's squeaky, and sticky, and slimy. I don't like working with it, but the husband likes it. The colors are fun, and the dye is gorgeous - I just hate the base. I'm up to the toe on these, then got distracted and had to rip back. Now the sock is in time out, and I'll finish the toe tomorrow, and cast on for sock #2. If it wasn't meant for the husband, I'd chuck the whole thing.

I had several ideas earlier this evening about what to write, but it got late and I got tired. Hopefully I'll be a little less scarce, now that I'm over my cold, and actually back to knitting, but it's been hard to do much of anything.
I keep hoping my schedule will get less intense, but I think that's not going to let up until at least August.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Making progress on socks is always a good thing.

Bells said...

oh you're doing some great socks there!! So what is the blue yarn you don't like. I didn't pick that up.