Monday, August 4, 2008

Why yes, I did hang out with Julie.

And she instructed me to inform you all that she really does play nice on her blog. She does. I sat with the woman while she looked through the latest Vogue Knitting. Go poke her until she posts. It should be a good one.

In the meantime, I'm still sort of missing my mojo. I found some sock yarn I wanted to knit, and well, it wants to be a boring, zen knitting kind of sock. I tried a pattern, but the color pools too much, and fought with the texture. I thought I might be able to get away with it as it was a forced movement sort of thing, but it was too much. When the sock is a little bigger, I'll post it, but right now it's still very small and could be frogged at any minute.

Feeling a little off this morning, sorry. It's a year since I lost someone to cancer today. Life goes on, but I feel the loss still. Today it's a little more acute. Take care of yourselves.

2 comments:

Acornbud said...

Take care of yourself, too. Pamper yourself a bit...get a massage. Hugs.

Bells said...

oh i'm sorry. truly sorry. those anniversaries are freaking hard. hugs.

on a lighter note, imagine getting to sit with Julie while she looks at Vogue Knitting. ok, so you dn't have to imagine. You did it. Lucky you.