Thursday, August 14, 2008

Fashion! turn to the right

I am magazine obsessed.

I'm also not the right demographic for Knitscene, but there are some pretty things in the Fall issue, and I'm tempted by several, despite my inability to finish anything.

Opulent Raglan, Wendy Bernard. I think this is very pretty, although I would be better off if it were shorter for my stubby, short-waisted self. And I know that some people rail against 3/4 length sleeves, but I like them - I almost always have my sleeves pushed up when I'm working. Plus, I think they can be very flattering.
Riding to Avalon - Connie Chang. I think this is a really pretty sweater. I even think I have a yarn that it would look nice in, but I haven't checked yardage. Happy to see a sweater in dk weight.
Big Thaw Pullover - Amanda Berka. This is the first sweater my husband has approved. Of course, he has no need for a sweater, but finding one he likes is a big deal.

Canopy Cardigan - Amy King. I really like Amy's aesthetic. This cardigan has an interesting construction, a little different than I'm used to. I knit a cardigan similar to this one from one of Amy's patterns, and I really like it. Admittedly, it's one of only 2 sweaters I've actually finished, but I wear things like this.

1 comment:

Bells said...

oh and lots of earthy tones too, which I very much approve of!

i am short waisted too. It's a trial, isn't it?