Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Still here...

What do you blog about when you're in the middle of several projects that are just taking a long time? Especially if a progress shot, or comments on progress would be along the lines of "look - it's the same as the last time, just a little longer."

Since my last post, I washed and wore my cardigan. To work, even, and 2 people said they liked it, and were shocked that it was something I knit. That pleased me to no end. After washing it, the button bands behaved nicely, but I did notice the neck stretching out a bit more than I wanted by the end of the day. I might crochet a reinforcing line of stitches, just as Yarn Harlot blogged about a while back, or just file that tidbit away for the next time I knit a cardigan. The key question - did I take pictures? Of course not. I completely forgot.

I think I might have finished a sock, but it was fairly unremarkable, and when it comes to unremarkable socks, I'd like to at least have a pair to blog about. I'm still knitting what seems to be miles of a 2-line lace pattern for Juno Regina. My thoughts at the moment are that I really like the pattern, really like the yarn, really hate the color. I think the reds and purples are great, but the blue is too contrasting for my taste. I'm going to finish knitting this, then add it to a gift pile. It seems like I can find homes for my knits, so I'm not going to be upset about it. At some point I'm going to have to purchase a LBD for events around here, and I can actually wear a stole or lace shawl. I will knit one for myself, but this isn't it.

I really have nothing much interesting to blog. I've been spending lots and lots of time at work, trying to get ahead before I have to leave town at an unspecified time to be present for a family member's surgery. Which will take an unspecified length of time. As you might anticipate, I've been doing anxiety knitting, which in my case means casting on a whole bunch of things and seeing what sticks. Lots of easy and mindless knitting, until it bores me or I think I need distraction.

But enough pity party. I have more work to do tonight before I go back to knitting and stalking the MCY thread on Ravelry. It's a sick obsession of mine - but it's fascinating...

1 comment:

Bells said...

I really hope the best for the surgery. Keep us posted if you feel you can.

Isn't it great when people are surprised that something you are wearing was made by you? it's a good feeling.