Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spinning.

It's addictive.

I completely suck, and I've killed some very pretty fiber. Ironically, the largest amount of fiber I was "saving" and having started to spin it up, I don't really care for it. It's variegated. Can you say it with me? I don't like variegated things. I prefer semi-solids.

Photos when I have light. I'll show my progression from thick, bulky crap to thinner, more thick and thin junk. I haven't even thought about plying yet. But I think I'm going to need more fiber. And maybe another spindle. I'm beating this one up more than it deserves.

Anyone have any suggestions? Spinners out there?

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

The Brown Sheep mill ends from Sheep Shed Studios are a good deal. And check out Paradise Fibers for bargains, too.

I suggest you buy about 8 oz or more of something cheap and just work on it until you have the AHA! moment