I don't really want my blog to go the way of the dinosaurs, so I'm making an attempt to post. I'm trying something new - Ten on Tuesday, and I may try to come up with something for another day of the week to get back in the habit. I haven't got a whole lot to report on the knitting front, but I have a long car-ride coming up later today, so things may change rapidly. I do have miserable insomnia tonight.
10 Things You Are Thankful for This Year
1. My family. Losing my father has been rough. I'm not okay yet, and there are days when the sadness just leaks out with surprising intensity. Keeping busy has kept a lot of it at bay, but there's still a deep visceral hurt. I'm glad to be able to spend Thanksgiving with my mom, my sister's family, and my own. I think my cousin is coming too, and I like him a great deal as well. Cuddling with my son has been one of the few things that's gotten me through this time.
2. My job. Oddly enough, despite the fact that it's causing me a tremendous amount of stress, I do love what I do. I don't love where I'm doing it, I'm not infatuated with exactly what I'm doing, and I don't love the fact that I'm soon facing unemployment and some serious uncertainty about the future. I do have a paycheck, and there are moments where it seems worthwhile.
3. My friends. I just got back from a conference where I was able to spend time with some amazing people who love me. I'm lucky to have the friends I have, and I don't know what I'd do without them.
4. Books. Part of blogging less and reading fewer blogs has been related to reading more. Some work-related reading, but also novels have snuck back in. I just finished Ghostwalk, and am partway through Prep and Kushiel's Chosen. Great literature it's not, but reading feels good. I like the escape.
5. Running. I haven't been out in a while, but running was working for me. It felt good, in a very simple way. I enjoyed seeing myself get stronger and better at it. Hopefully, I'll get back to that soon.
For now, 5's good enough. Especially since it's 4:30 in the morning, and grabbing another half hour of sleep could only do me good.